What's this about?
You may be asked by an Atakama representative to provide your logs to our development team, so we can help you resolve an issue. There are two ways to send us your logs, we'll cover both below:
Start here if Atakama is able to load on your computer. Otherwise, scroll down to Advanced Instructions below.
- Make sure Atakama is up and running on your computer
- Click on the Atakama icon in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (macOS) to open the quick-look view seen below
- Click on the gear icon, then in the menu item Help and Support click Send Bug Report
- In the dialog box that appears, enter any details directed to you by the Atakama representative and click OK. If no details were provided, just click OK.
Follow these steps if you are unable to launch Atakama and/or follow the basic instructions above.
For Windows Users
- Open This PC and in the location bar type in %localappdata% and press enter
- You will now see a list of folders. Look for the Atakama folder and open it.
- Inside the Atakama folder is a file called cryptvfs.log. This is the file to be sent to Atakama either by email or through our help desk.
For macOS Users
- Make sure Finder is the foreground (look for "Finder" in the top-left corner of the screen next to the Apple icon), then select Go in the menu bar and choose Home.
- You will now see the contents listed of your home directory. To find the logs, we must first enable visibility of hidden files and folders by pressing Command + Shift + . (that's the period key).
- When you do this, you will see hidden files and folders appear in a lighter / "faded out" color. If you saw these files and folders before, and they disappeared instead, just press Command + Shift + . a second time.
- Look for a hidden folder named .atakama and open it up
- Look for the file named cryptvfs.log. This is the file to be sent to Atakama either by email or through our help desk.
- After you've sent the log file to Atakama, you can press Command + Shift + . to make hidden files and folders invisible again.