What's this about?
To help you resolve issues, it may me necessary to provide your user logs to an Atakama representative.
Logs from Desktop:
Start here if Atakama is able to load on your computer. Otherwise, scroll down to Advanced Instructions below.
- Make sure Atakama is running on your computer.
- Click on the Atakama icon in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (macOS) to open the quick-look view and click on the gear icon. Then click Send Bug Report within the menu item Help and Support.
- In the dialog box that appears, enter any details directed to you by the Atakama representative and click OK. If no details were provided, click OK.
Follow these steps if you are unable to launch Atakama.
For Windows Users
- Open This PC and in the location bar type in %localappdata% and press enter.
- Look for the Atakama folder within your list of folders and open it.
- Inside the Atakama folder is a file called cryptvfs.log. This is the file you'll send to Atakama either by email or through our help desk.
For macOS Users
- Make sure Finder is in the foreground (look for "Finder" in the top-left corner of the screen next to the Apple icon), then select Go in the menu bar and choose Home.
- You will now see the contents in your home directory. To find the logs, we must first enable visibility of hidden files and folders by simultaneously pressing the "Command", "Shift", and "." (the period key).
- You will now see hidden files and folders appear in a lighter "faded" color. If you saw these files and folders before, and they disappeared, just press "Command", "Shift", and "." (the period key) again.
- Look for a hidden folder named .atakama and open it. Then located the file named cryptvfs.log. This is the file you'll send to Atakama either by email or through our help desk.
4. After you've sent the log file to Atakama, you can press "Command", "Shift", and "." (the period key) to make hidden files and folders invisible again.
Logs from Mobile:
1. Open the Atakama Mobile App
2. Click the Hamburger menu
3. Select the Settings
4. Scroll down to the Application Info section.
5. Tap the "View Developer Log" to open the log
6. Click the blue circle icon to share the log.
7. Select Gmail (or any mail app installed on your phone) to send the log to email@example.com.