In situations where you do not have Internet access or do not want to use available Wi-Fi, you can enable Atakama to use Bluetooth instead.
What you'll need:
- A computer with support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) with Atakama already set up on the computer.
- A mobile device with support for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) that has already been added to your Atakama profile.
- Begin on your mobile device:
- Ensure that Bluetooth on your mobile device is enabled and turned on through iOS or Android.
- Open the Atakama Mobile app.
- Enable Bluetooth within the app using the toggle in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Continue on your computer:
- Make sure Atakama is running, then click on the Atakama icon in the system tray (Windows) or menu bar (macOS), then click on the gear icon, and pick Control Center.
- Click on the Keys tab at the top of the Control Center window.
- Look for the Bluetooth toggle in the upper-right corner of the window to enable Bluetooth for Atakama on your computer, then click on the toggle to enable Bluetooth.
- To connect by Bluetooth to your mobile device, click on the Connect button with the Bluetooth logo next to your device in the list.
- The green status icon for your mobile device will change to blue and the status will show "Connected by BT" when the computer successfully connects to your mobile device.
For users who don't access to Control Center, you can enable Bluetooth using the Atakama QuickLook:
Click on the Atakama icon in the System Tray bar.
Right-click on the device with Bluetooth enabled.
Click the “Connect” button in the menu.