We recognize that all sorts of things happen to smartphones and tablets, including upgrading to new devices, so we've made it easy for you to regain access to your protected data with a new device.
Important: This replacement method is intended for when you have at least two devices linked to your computer.
What you'll need to get started:
- Your replacement device with the Atakama Mobile app installed.
- Your computer running Atakama.
- Install Atakama Mobile on your replacement device and tap the "Link to Computer" button.
- Launch Atakama on your computer if it's not already running and open Control Center:
- Windows users: Click the Atakama icon in your system tray, then click on the gear icon, and choose Control Center.
- macOS users: Click the Atakama icon in your menu bar, then click on the gear icon, and choose Control Center.
- With the Control Center screen open, select the Keys tab.
- Click the "Replace" button next to the device to be replaced.
- Click the "Replace this device using other devices or trustees" button.
- Enter the name of the device.
- Choose one of the available linking methods.
- On your new device "Scan QR Code" or "Enter Linking Code" depends of the method you chose in step 7.
- After you finish device linking you will see this window:
- Click the "Complete" button.
- Click the "Apply changes" button in the "Key" tab.
- On the new device you will receive a request to approve "New Profile Change". Approve the request.
Your replacement device has now been added to your Atakama profile.