We recognize that all sorts of things happen to smartphones and tablets, so we've made it easy for you to regain access to your data protected by Atakama with a new device.
Important: This replacement method works only when you have at least two devices linked to your computer.
What you'll need to get started:
- Your replacement device with Atakama Mobile installed
- Your computer running Atakama for Windows or macOS.
Follow these steps to add your new device and remove your old device.
- Install Atakama Mobile on your replacement device and tap the "Link to Computer" button.
- Launch Atakama on your computer if it's not already running and open Control Center:
- Windows users: Click the Atakama icon in your system tray, then click on the gear icon, and choose Control Center.
- macOS users: Click the Atakama icon in your menu bar, then click on the gear icon, and choose Control Center.
- With the Control Center screen open, select the Keys tab.
- Click the "Replace" button next to the device to be replaced.
- Click the "Replace this device using other devices or trustees" button.
- Enter the name of the device.
- Choose one of the available linking methods.
- On your new device scan QR code or enter linking code depends of the method you chose on the step 7.
- After you finish device linking you will see the window:
- Click "Complete" button.
- Click "Apply changes" button in the "Key" tab.
- Approve a "New Profile Change" request on your new mobile device.
- Now your replacement device has been added.