We recognize that all sorts of things happen to smartphones and tablets, so we've made it easy for you to regain access to your data protected by Atakama with a new device.
Important: This replacement method works only when you have at least two devices linked to your computer or you don't have any files inside Atakama virtual drive.
What you'll need to get started:
- Your replacement device with Atakama Mobile installed
- Your computer running Atakama for Windows or macOS.
Follow these steps to add your new device and remove your old device.
- Install Atakama Mobile on your replacement device and tap the "Link Profile" button.
- Launch Atakama on your computer if it's not already running and open Control Center:
- Windows users: Click the Atakama icon in your system tray, then click on the gear icon, and choose Control Center.
- macOS users: Click the Atakama icon in your menu bar, then click on the gear icon, and choose Control Center.
- With the Control Center screen open, select the Keys tab.
- Click the "Replace" button next to the device to be replaced.
- Click the "Replace this device using other devices or trustees" button.
- Enter the name of the device.
- Choose one of the available linking methods.
- On your new device scan QR code or enter linking code depends of the method you chose on the step 7.
- After you finish device linking you will see the window:
- Click "Complete" button.
- Click "Apply changes" button in the "Key" tab.
- Approve a "New Profile Change" request on your new mobile device. Depending on how many files you have protected with Atakama, this may take a few moments to complete.
- Now your replacement device has been added.