Users who have purchased an "enterpise" or "SMB" license can use our enterpise configuration export tool to help accelerate and simplify collaboration and onboarding.
This enterprise configuration must be exported and distributed via GPO or similar tools to all users within an organization. Simply copying this configuration to the user's AppData/Local/Atakama (or ~/.atakama) folder in a file named "enterpise.config" is sufficient.
- This must be done *before* the user starts the software the first time. After the first time loading, the software will not trust configurations that are not signed.
After installing a license, clicking on the "New Configuration" menu option in the control panel, will open up the Enterprise Configuration Export screen.
Administrators in Atakama have access to all information in locations they create. Care must be taken that the administrator who creates a location is also someone who should have access to sensitive information. For some organizations and situations, a centralized administrator may not be appropriate.
Even when choosing multiple administrators (or no administrators), Atakama can support centralized auditing, logging and tracking of policies, so the risks associated with centralized administration are not always necessary to incur.
Using the Export Tool:
Explanation of fields:
Client: This type dictates how much control the end user has over their Atakama installation.
- Full Client: Has the ability to add new share locations, accept new users into a location, remove users from a location, choose trustees, and access the control panel.
- Lite Client: Streamlined onboarding, no need for trustees or backup keys, administrator has access to personal content.
License Key: If supplied, this license will be exported and used to activate all users who load this enterprise configuration.
Log Server Id: If supplied, all client activity of users who load this config will be logged securely using E2EE to the log server identified.
- Allow Local Storage: Allow users to write to the root of the Atakama drive, using storage backed by their local machine
- Allow Custom Storage: Allow users to create new storage locations and share groups
- Show Access Requests: Allow users to approve new members of a location and share group
Administrators: This is a list of administrators that will have the ability to change user configurations. Add new administrators by choosing from the list of full-client users who have been granted access to your local installation's storage locations.
Mandatory Storage Locations: To add new locations, they must be set up by the administrator in the main control panel. The list of selected locations here will override user's personal preferences and will always be available in the user's list of sharing locations.