The enterprise configuration export tool is designed to simplify onboarding for regular non-admin users within an organization.
The enterprise configuration must be exported and distributed via GPO or similar tools to all non-admin users within an organization. Copying the enterprise configuration to the workstation's "C:\Program Files\Atakama" folder in a file named "enterprise-client.config" is also sufficient. If installing manually, you can have our MSI installer put the enterprise configuration to the above location by placing the "enterprise-client.config" file in the same folder as the MSI installer prior to manual installation.
Note: This must be done before the user launches the software for the first time, as the software will not trust configurations that are not signed after the software has been run.
After installing a license, click on the "New Configuration" menu option in the control panel. This will open the Enterprise Configuration Export screen.
Administrators (i.e., full clients) within Atakama have access to all files contained within the locations they setup. Please ensure that the administrator who creates a location is also someone who should have access to sensitive information contained in that location. There may be situations therefore when a centralized administrator may not be appropriate. However, even when the setup involves multiple administrators (or no administrators), Atakama can support centralized auditing, logging and policy tracking, thereby minimizing the risks associated with centralized administration.
The Export Tool:
Explanation of fields:
Client: Determines how much control the end user has over their Atakama installation.
- Full Client: This is akin to an admin user. Has the ability to add new share locations, accept new users into a location, remove users from a location, choose backup keys, and access the control panel to configure options and the like.
- Lite Client: This is akin to the regular user. Streamlined onboarding, no need for backup keys, no access to the control panel or any other settings and configurations.
License Key: The license will be exported and used to activate all lite client users who load the enterprise configuration.
Log Server Id: When supplied, all user activity will be logged securely using E2EE to the log server identified.
- Allow Local Storage: Allow users to write to the root of the Atakama drive, using storage backed by their local machine to save files locally (e.g., c-drive).
- Allow Custom Storage: Allow users to create new storage locations and share groups.
- Show Access Requests: Allow users to approve new members to locations and share groups.
Administrators: This is a list of administrators who will have the ability to change user configurations. You can add new administrators by choosing from the list of full-client users who have been granted access to the local installation's storage locations.
Mandatory Storage Locations: To add new locations, they must be set up by the administrator in the main Control Center. The list of selected locations here will override users' personal preferences and will always be available in the users' list of shared locations.