When a user adds a file to or edits a file in a shared cloud location it may take some time before you see the new or edited file in your folder. That's because the file will first need to sync from the user's computer to the cloud, and then sync to your computer from the cloud. The time it takes to sync depends on file size.
Basic instructions to check the current status:
- Using your web browser, access and login to your cloud provider (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive).
- Navigate to folder containing your Atakama-encrypted files and confirm the file in question has been shared with you.
- If the file in question is in the folder, check for the last modified date and time. If the date and time are not as expected, the file has not completed syncing.
- You should in any event wait until the file has been synced with your local folder.
- If you don't see the file, you can ask another user to duplicate the file in the same folder.
- You can always contact support and provide a bug report.
You receive the following message when opening a file in a cloud or network share location:
This message means the author of the file has not granted you access to the file via Atakama. The next time the author opens Atakama they will receive a pop-up prompting them to verify you and grant access to the file. This process may take some time to complete depending on the total number of files being shared with you.