The following are known issues with Atakama version 1.2.6331.2019-07-31 (the version number is located in the lower left corner of the Options tab within Atakama's Control Center):
- You will need to quit and restart Atakama after you have completed the "Grant Access" to cloud and network share location process for other users.
- Atakama prevents simultaneous access by multiple users to the same Microsoft Office document (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) in a shared network drive. When attempting to access the same file, Windows users will be unable to open the file and Mac users will receive an error message telling them the file is corrupted, even though it is not.
- Files located within Dropbox and Google Drive should be edited by one user at a time only. More than one user editing the same file may result in conflicted file copies.
- Dropbox and Google Drive users should wait 60 seconds (90 seconds for large files, e.g., 15MB) before opening a file that was edited by another user. The delay ensured the updated version of the file has been synced to other users' computers.
File icon and locking
- (Mac) The lock icon may not be visible. To correct this, open System Preferences->Extensions->All, make sure the Finder for Atakama is checked. If it is already checked, uncheck then recheck it.
- (Windows 7) Files saved to the Atakama folder might not lock immediately. You can lock all your files from the menu tray or by right clicking on each file.